Skinny Thai Cashew Chicken. Easy, healthy, and ready in 20 minutes! Juicy chicken, crisp veggies, and the best sweet and savory sauce.
FOR THE CASHEW CHICKEN:
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — (about 2 large), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch — or substitute arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium red bell peppers — seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large head of broccoli — cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions — about 6 medium, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dry roasted — unsalted cashews
- Cooked brown rice — or quinoa for serving
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey — plus additional to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic — minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes — plus additional to taste
- In a small bowl, toss the chicken pieces with the cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high. Once the oil is hot and shiny, add the chicken mixture and sauté for 4 minutes, just until lightly browned. Add the bell pepper, broccoli, and green onions. Continue sautéing until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 additional minutes. Stir in the cashews and cook for 30 additional seconds.
Vìsìt Orìgìnal Websìte @ wellplated.com for full Instructìons and recìpe notes.
FOR MORE FAVORITE CHICKEN RECIPES, CHECK OUT: