The beauty of this Mexican Shredded Beef is it can be done in the Instant Pot or the slow cooker and either way it’s delicious!
The flavor of this shredded Mexican Beef is spot on and my husband gave it two thumbs up. I love having this shredded meat on hand because I can turn it into so many things!
How to make Mexican Shredded Beef :
- 3-4 lb. chuck roast cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup picante sauce salsa
- 1 cup beef broth
- cilantro for garnish
- limes to squeeze over top
- In a bowl, combine cubed meat with chili powder and salt. Toss to coat.
- Press the “Saute” button on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil.
- Add in onions and saute until softened.
- Add in tomato paste, garlic, cumin and Mexican oregano. Stir for about a minute.
- Vìsìt Mexican Shredded Beef @ yourhomebasedmom.com full ìnstructìons and recìpe notes.