Every January I like to remind readers about some of my low-carb favorites, and this Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Au Gratin is definitely a treat for low-carb comfort food! And it’s low-carb, Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free and can be South Beach Diet friendly. Use the Diet-Type Index to find more recipes like this one.
- at least 6 cups cauliflower flowerets, cut fairly small (1 large head cauliflower or 1 1/2 small heads)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for water to cook cauliflower)
- 2 cups diced ham
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 T finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (or more, depending on the size of your dish)
- eheat oven to 350F/180C. Fill a medium-sized pot half full with water, add 1/2 tsp. salt, and start to bring to a boil.
- Cut up the cauliflower into small flowerets, discarding the leaves and core. Put cauliflower pieces into the water and cook at a low boil until the cauliflower is starting to get barely sort. Check it often and don’t overcook; the cauliflower will soften more in the oven.
- While cauliflower is cooking, cut the ham into very small cubes and slice green onions. Put cream cheese into a glass dish or measuring cup and soften it in the microwave for a few minutes. (Or you can soften it on top of the pre-heating oven if you don’t have a microwave.) When cream cheese is soft stir in the Greek yogurt (or sour cream), Parmesan, and sliced green onions.
Vìsìt Orìgìnal Websìte @ kalynskitchen.com for full Instructìons and recìpe notes.