On the show I used this homemade black bean recipe, but it’s much easier just to crack open a couple of cans of seasoned black beans. Honestly, either one works great!
So if you have a last-minute hankering for black bean burgers, you don’t have to wait four hundred years while you cook a batch from scratch.
How to make Black Bean Burger :
- 2 cans (14.5 Each) Seasoned Black Beans
- 1 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated White Onion
- 1 whole Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt And Pepper
- Hot Sauce (I Used Choloula)
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- Olive Oil, For Frying
- Butter, For Frying And Grilling
- 4 whole Kaiser Rolls Or Good Hamburger Buns
- Lettuce Or Other Greens
- Sliced Tomato
- Drain, but do not rinse, the black beans. Place them in a bowl and use a fork to mash them. Keep mashing until they’re mostly broken up, but still have some whole beans visible. Add the breadcrumbs, onion, egg, chili powder, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir until everything is combined, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Vìsìt Black Bean Burger @ thepioneerwoman.com full ìnstructìons and recìpe notes.